facial wasting

dr nelson

ihave seen the photos infacialwasting. dr if i started meds for hiv treatment

afew days back how long it will take in normal cases for facial changes . iam getting scared . doctor can clarify something on this .

iam 42years male with cd4as413 and vl as130000. and on meds for few days now .how many years it will take for facial changes and body deformation .

seeing the photos iam so much worried .

imay not be able to eat and sleep .

doctor please can give me some information so that my worry reduces .

thank you in advance for your help.

bye

First of all , let me clarify that I am not a doctor. I am a treatment advocate and long term survivor (I hold a bachelors in Chemical Engineering, so I understand science pretty well) Facial wasting has been largely linked to nucleoside analogs like Zerit (D4T) or AZT also. Some studies show that 40-60 % of people taking those antiretrovirals may experience fat loss under the skin after 12 months or so. Some studies show some reversal of the problem after switching from Zerit or AZT to Ziagen after 48 weeks. Talk to your doctor if you are taking any of those medications. They also happen to be very good nucleosides for viral control! Read more in facialwasting.org

Nelson

books for hiv positive
steroids and hiv