Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Bio-Alcamid
Aug 24, 2003

Six years of Zerit has left my face pretty scrawny...I'm not getting real good feedback about NewFill, but am thinking of Bio-Alcamid treatments at the clinin in Tijuana. Your thoughts on these Drs? Post privately if you wish...(I understand a reluctance to endorse a specific Dr, but what else can I do but ask someone like you...would you do it?) -Mike

Response from Mr. Vergel

I like what I have seen. I have met many patients that have got the product at Clinic Estetica and are happy with it. Many have also shared their experiences in my lipodystrophy yahoo email list. The manufacturer claims that it can be removed if your lipoatrophy reverses with time. I have gone to Clinic Estetica in Tijuana and found it to be as clean and professional as any other in the US. One disadvantage, like all other products, is that we have no long term data on facial fillers for HIV facial wasting, so we all take risks somehow. Bio-Alcamid also requires fewer sessions than all other options since it can be injected in larger quantities. I got some injected in my face two years ago and am very happy with the results (my facial wasting was mild) Nelson

Previous
Testim
Next
books for hiv positive

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.