Follow-up -- Androgel & Body Fat, June 19

Dear Nelson,

AS a follow-up to my question posted June 19 -- Androgel and Bodyfat:

1. I didn't switch meds, although I did switch the numbers. Reduced Norvir to 1 cap/day from 2/day, and increased Invirase from 2 caps/day to 5/day, all doses taken 2X/day. This was to decrease the gastrointestinal issues caused by Norvir, and it's worked wonderfully for that problem.

Just got back from the latest Dr.'s visit: lab wise, all seems to be fine, t-cells, viral load, CD4/8 ratios, etc. But I keep dropping in weight (about 4 pounds, down to 150, which is about the lowest weiht I have in 8 years), while still not keeping muscle. This is articularly noticable if I miss any workouts. I've the same tendencies towards fat accumulation. Also, my testosterone levels have dropped below normal again, despite the same 10g/daily dose.

While not in a panic about this weight/muscle loss, I will be if my weight continues to drop.

Your thoughts?

As always, many thanks for the time and energy that you devote to all of us.

ps -- Good luck plowing your your emails when you return.

If your testosterone is low even at the 10 gram gel dose, you may need injections instead. Get a 200 mg injection and have your doctor run a test on day 14 before the next injection to seewhere your total and free testosterone are. He may need to readjust the dose.

Take Creatine and Glutamine supplements three times a day at 5 grams Creatine and 10 gramd Glutamine. Work out 3-4 times a week. Eat plenty of nuts, eggs, chicken, lean beef, veggies, fruit, wild rice, etc Let me know how it goes

nelson

Exercise and bone problems
ARVs vs. Nutrition