Exercise and bone problems

My question is about this bone-depletion thing thats supposed to happen with tenofovir. I have had hiv for 13-14 years(yeah and know that the first 10 years are the hardest).I am taking viramune, 3tc and tenofovir. I ride my bicycle about 120+kilometres per week. I figure I don't need extra cardio so I do 2 very slow heavy circuits per week mostly for the weights. However I've been reading that the bone/joint damage stuff that happens with tenofovir can be worsened by heavy weights and you should keep them light. I don't have any bone problems but wonder if I'm bringing it all down on myself.

Thank you in anticipation of your help. I find the Body Forums are just the most wonderful aids resource on the web.

Sincerely

Sue

If you have any doubt about your bone density, tell your doctor to send you to a DEXA scan in a clinic. Weight bearing exercise increases bone density. Viread has shown some problems in bone density in dogs exposed a high doses. So far we have seen no reports in humans. Keep working out and take 1000 mg Calcium+Vitamin D daily.

Nelson

NESESITO TESTOSTERONA
Follow-up -- Androgel & Body Fat, June 19