Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Enroll in a Clinical Trial If Infected, Please Post!!!!
Aug 12, 2003

Mr. Vergel,

I applaud you for all your efforts against this virus. I was just wondering if you could post this email as a reminder for all infected individuals to do what is necessary to take charge against this virus and that is participate in the nearest clinical trials. As I'm sure you're aware (and trust me I am not referring to you..you do more than enough, I refering to the many people with virus who do nothing so that advances against this thing can take effect); people have become too complacent about participating in local clinical trials.

And guys, we're never going to beat this thing if you don't participate in clinical trials. Yes, we have come far but not far enough. So if you're (16, 25, 34, 46, 57, 60, 0r 75) and have the virus) do us all a favor and be brave and the honorable thing) take part in a clinical trial that you qualify for. And if you don't look into another one that you do.

This is the one thing I can do to help others with the condition. If we all do this, then we will overcome. But if we don't try we don't get noticed. We need new medicines right (more potent, less toxic, and less problematic). We want to live normal lives. Some people die for their country, some people die for nothing, others die for less. Many lost souls died for no reason on 9/11. Until we cure this virus or bring it under control, all us infected are living 9/11 over and over ever single day. Do yourself a favor, join me in a crusade to make positive advances against this disease. Join a clinical trial. Don't give up. We have numbers, now we need the effort!

I, for one, am looking into the Clinical Trial in New York at Cornell with IL-2. Why not, if it saves one life maybe someone, somewhere enrolled in a clinical trial can make my life better too.

Mr. Vergel, feel free to make any comments to this email.

And white people this means you too. We are failing in enrolling in clinical trials miserably. The minorities are doing the call, now its our turn! Please stay well.

Mr. James In New York City

Response from Mr. Vergel

I agree with you 100 % . But also find out about the potential risks before you sign a consent form. Go towww.clinicaltrials.gov for information. Nelson

Previous
libro
Next
serostim y dolores del cuerpo

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.