what hiv drugs do you use and which do you try to avoid?

Hi Nelson,

Your a true inspiration looking at the work you do at this site and at your other site at medabolics.com. Please keep up the excellent work and fight against this damn virus. I was just wondering what drugs you are using for hiv and what you try to avoid. Thanks keep up the great work.

Borris relocated from Germany

Thanks Borris, you are very nice to say those words. I love my work and I am alive because of it.

I am on Kaletra+Envirase (Saquinavir)+Viread+ Epivir. I have tried all approved drugs except Fuzeon (T-20). I have a MDR virus (multi drug resistant) Doing well and feeling good, though. I am glad my lipids are perfect. My only problem is managing diarrhea and fatigue 2-3 times a week.

I avoid Zerit, Hivid (DDC), and even Videx (DDI) since they have been strongly implicated with mitochondrial toxicity and lipoatrophy. I wish I could take them since I actually have some sensitivity to them. That is why I am in constant search for supplments that can minimize the toxic effects of "d" drugs. I also avoid Crixivan because I am convinced that it may have a stronger effect on lipodystrophy, hair loss, ingrown toe nails, kidney stones and dry skin. I had a difficult time with Sustiva related depression also (which did not respond to anti depressants and testosterone) Nelson

the body
Tenofovir and Food