holistic medicine

I am 41 years old, hiv positive and I also have schizoaffective disorder. Not on meds for hiv yet, but I take 425 mg of Seroquel for the mental health issue. I recently had a horrific setback with my mental health. My psychiatrist said that traditional medicine could not do anything further. I therefore started researching orthomolecular, nutrition-based therapies as an adjunct to Seroquel. I have cut out sugar and white flower and coffee. I am also taking supplements vitamins and fish oil. I feel like a new human being. Mind-body connection strong, mood stabilized, sleep much better. I used to be bloated all the time with a stomach big enough to house a house. Now I have a normal stomach. I have found that much of what I am doing regarding my mental health is also similar to a healthy regiment for people living with hiv. Do you believe in this holistic approach? If so, would you have any further recommendations for maintaining a healthy holistic balance?

Complementary therapies are starting to be researched for mental disorders. The use of Omega 3 fatty acids is being researched for bipolar disorder, for instance. Some researchers also believe in lowering simple sugars and stimulants in someone's diet to improve symptoms. I think exercise is also being used succesfully to manage anxiety, depression and other disorders. Yoga and Tai-chi are also great techniques that can lower anxiety levels.

detecting aids in newborn
am I crazy or just shallow?