Marijuana...

Hi Nelson, What are the effects of a daily marijuana smoker? Say about a bowl of marijuana a day? Is it the same as nicotine smokers? thank you in advance! Mr. D

I have nothing against the use of medicinal marijuana at all. But there are several studies that show that marijuana has more tar than cigarretes and also a lot of carcinogens. Unless you grow it yourself, it can also have pesticides. I think for those with sinus problems it could also create more problems.

I think moderation is the key. If smoking pot gets in the way of your daily activities, then I would say it is not good for you. If you feel like "chilling out" and not exercising, and if you eat mostly junk food while you have the munchies, I would say marijuana is not good for you. Marijuana gives me energy and makes me want to work out and eat, so I like the effects of it when my appetite and energy are low. Marinol (the prescription grade THC) may provide an alternative if you do not want to deal with the negative effects of smoke, but some people who are used to smoking pot do not like Marinol since they complain that it does not have the same "stoned" effect. Just my two cents. Nelson

light headed and in a fog- (fag?)
Question for your Doctor before exercise