vit advice

hi elson

I wanted to let you know that in 3 weeks on the Atkins diet I have lost 14lbs and am very pleased withe rsults, i am going to maintain the diet and cut out most sugars as I feel so much better. Anyway i wanted to know about vits. I take a good multi vit every day but I want to start taking fish oils, selenium, vit e and zinc, what would be the dosage i should take for an hiv popsitive person. Many thanks.

Great supplements to add. Fish oils 2000-4000 mg/day (take it in the middle of meals so that you do not burp a fishy smell. Good to lower tiglycerides, they may have heart protecting properties and anti-inflammatory effects, and they are being studied for depresssion.) Selenium 200-400 micrograms/day (great for increasing glutathione levels- your body own's antioxidant. It is the cheapest and one of most studied supplements in HIV) Vitamin E is also a good anti-inflammatory that acts with selenium to form glutathione (400 iu/day)Zinc is needed by the body to produce testosterone and keep good immune function and skin/hair health. Take 50 mg/day with 3 mg/day copper since zinc may lower copper levels. Talk to your doctor and dietitian about these supplements before taking them! Nelson

corns?
Using saunas or jacuzzi