milk or soy, sugar

Hi. I know that this is a subject of debate but I wonder if any of you has an opinion about this. Which do you consider to be better - soy drink or milk? Or having both? I have seen so many contradictory pieces of information. I am poz but not yet on meds (fingers crossed many many times). Also I have read that being hiv positive may affect one's ability to maintain stable blood sugar levels and that sugar is one of the foods to avoid. Have there been any studies done on this? Do you think a diet similar to one followed by diabetics would be a healthy choice for someone living with hiv? I would really appreciate a response. And mega thank you for your wonderful work. You help to alleviate a lot of anxiety and fear just by being there and letting us know that we are not alone and not freaks.

For me, soy milk is better because I am lactose and milk protein intolerant. But if you can drink milk, I think milk has a lot more protein, calcium and protein than soy milk. Yes, I think keeping your sugar and corn syrup (read labels) to a minimum is a good thing if your are HIV positive. High sugar intake can increase triglycerides, increase insulin resistance, feed candida (a fungus), crash your energy levels, and give you extra empty calories. Thanks for your kind words! Nelson

Good news!!!
asthma medications and xenadrine efx