Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

light headed, every second of the day for the last 9 years.
Jun 15, 2003

Hello Nelson, (little explanation first)i'm a 31 yr old male who has always been physically well. About 9 years ago i was hanging out with friends one night when all of a sudden, out of the blue i felt like i was going to faint. I felt very faint and lightheaded for about 20mins then it went away. A few days later it happenend again this time it lasted longer. A week later it was occurring every evevning for about 1 hr or so, until finally it was happening all day long. From the second I woke up till i went to sleep. I had a 'cat scan' and was eventually referred to a psychiatrist as the scan came up clean. I have now been living like this for the last 9 years without one second of the day not feeling lightheaded. I have always been a relaxed person but i cannot accept that this is just a mental problem. Could i have a vitamin or mineral defficiency that i do not know about? would you recommend a Neurologist? or perhaps get an allergy test/ blood tests done? Have you ever heard of this happenening to anyone?? Any response would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time Nelson.

Response from Mr. Vergel

Let me refer this question to doctors in this site to see what they have to say. Nelson

Response from Dr. Horwath

Based on this information alone, it is very difficult to say what the cause is. I would recommend a careful examination by a neurologist, including an EEG. He may recommend some other diagnostic tests which could give you an answer.

There are some people who suffer from panic disorder, and who experience panic attacks in which the main symptom is light-headedness. If this is the case with you, then there is good treatment available. You need a good psychiatric evaluation. If the evaluation is consistent with panic disorder, then you need treatment by someone who is experienced in treating panic disorder.

Previous
Getting Back on The Medibolics PoWeR Program
Next
chronium

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.