What is Radiacne in regard to Facial Waisting

Nelson, on June 1 you printed a message from a person who had used a treatment called Radiance to treat facial waisting caused by HIV. What exactly is Radiance, and is it an accepted tretment for HIV facial waisting. I have had New Fill treatments and have been very happy with them, but wonder now if there is something even better available. If this is a viable treatment are there any doctors in the LA area that offer it?

I answered a question similar to this one with this answer:

From : http://www.lipaugmentation.com/microimplants.htm#Radiance:

Bioform (off label formulation: Radiance, not Radianson) is in research trials in the US. It is made of calcium hydroxylapatite which has safely been used in the body for many applications including dental applications where bone build-up is needed for reconstruction and also in block form for cosmetic applications such as cheek, jaw, cranial and chin implants. The manufacturer claims that calcium hydroxylapatite creates a lattice where the surrounding cells can be incorporated from ossification in bony areas to a stable scaffold in which soft tissue can grow.

The manufacturer also claims that with Radiance, the calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres are suspended in a polysaccharide carrier which holds the microspheres in place until it is resorbed and the collagenation takes place. When injected in soft tissue, away from bone, fibroblasts work by building reportedly a non-scar tissue collagen type, thus creating volume in the treatment area.

My opinion: I have asked a few experts in the field and they say it is harder than all other injectables. It is also expensive at $1000 per cc. Some people may require 20 cc's for their faces, making it way too prohibitive. I think this product has no future for facial wasting (it may for wrinkles)

opinions
cost of Radiance therapy