How to exercise when weak

First of all congradulations on your 20 years. How did you make it if I might ask? What did you do for treatment in the 80's. Did you expericience a significant Acute Hiv syndrome? What was you initial cd4 count and how has it progressed? You don't have to share this if you don't feel like it but it is helpful cause I'm trying to predict my prognosis. I had a severe Acute HIV that lasted 4 months and has residual muscle weakness and muscle pains. I suffered bad. This muscle weakness makes it difficult to walk steps or do anything strenous like run or exercise. Before I had HIV I could run 3 miles 3X a week and play sports ect. Now I can't run more 1/2 mile without pain, muscle fatigue ect. Then I'm weaker and in pain for 2 days. Also when I play basketball I can't run fast or jump as high. The acute hiv has made sports& exercise almost impossible. Plus before HIV I would do fine on 6hrs sleep. Now I need 10 a day. Since you have years of experience with this virus what do you think? I might have muscle damage(myositis) from the HIV already from severe ARS. How can I get better? Steriods, Androgens? Glutamine? I want to get strength back. Doctors won't tx me yet. Initial cd4 was 572 at 2 months than went to 594 at 4 months , now is 700 at 6 months. Not able to have viral load since infected with HIV-N. Rare strain. I'm trying to live longer. With your experience and knowledge how many months/years will it take before I get to CD4 200. The meds might not work as well for my strain and can't monitor viral load so tx will be a guessing game with cd4 counts. Any suggestions. Please advice. Very weak

Yes, like you, I experience a horrible acute viral syndrome when I got infected in March 1983. My lymph nodes got huge, I had the flu for a month, and had to get my tonsils removed.

I have never heard of HIV-N strain (very interesting information)

It is impossible to predict how your T cells will behave. I have met many people who have lived with the same T cell counts for many years.

I wonder if L-carnitine at 3000 mg/day (you can get a prescription for carnitor) would help you out with your muscle problem. Also, add a B-100 vitamin formula if you can (contact houstonbuyersclub.org or DAAIR.org) Talk to your doctor about it. You have nothing to lose but to try.

mucous
Drop in T-Cell Count