positive but symptomless,what can be done to maintain health

My lover's t-cells are around 500. His vl is around 3500. He is 24 and not on meds yet. What can we do now to best help him maintain his health and prepare him for the time he has to go on meds? Thanks so much for you help!

There are many things he can do to stay healthy: 1- Exercise 3 times a week (1 hour) with weights and 2-3 times a week cardiovascular (20-30 min)(trade mill, stair master, elliptical trainers) 2- Keep sugar intake and animal fat down 3- Do not smoke 4- Drink with moderation (2 drinks a week) is any 5- Take a good multivitamin twice day with meals 6- Manage stress and have fun 7- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and lean protein (meats, eggs, chicken and lots of cold water fish) 8- Find the best doctor in town with the most HIV patients, Call your AIDS Service Org for a name or two. 9- When he starts treatment, he needs to discuss all potential side effects with his doctor. There are medicines like Zerit that can increase metabolic problems and should, in my opinion, be left for later in the disease, if ever. 10- Treat depression if it appears since it can have a big effect on adherence to medications and survival

I hope this helps. nelson

Hep C +help with supplements
Starting early