VIUSID

Hi

Have you heard anything about VIUSID for HIV?

Thanks

I have not heard anything about it until now. After searching, the manufacturer claims that it contains: Antivirals:Glucosamine, Malic Acid and Glycyrrhizinic Acid Minerals:hydrated Zinc Sulphate Amino Acids:Arginine, Glycine. Vitamins:Vitamin C, Calcium Pantotenate, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12. They also show a small pilot of 8 patients in Africa with increases decreases in viral load and stabilization of T cells.It seems that it has 54 grams of protein also.

There are products like this one in the US called Resurgex and Nutrivir that may provide vitamins,mineral,antioxidants and protein also.

I have a huge problem with companies selling supplements showing badly designed open label studies and making claims on viral load and T cells. I am sorry to see people spend huge amounts of money based on poorly justified claims. I am sorry but I have a strong bias against using products like this. If they want to sell to the HIV community, they'd better have strong data to support claims.

In some states, you can obtain Nutrivir and Resurgex via ADAP, Medicare or Medicaid programs,so you do not have to pay. I would rather take my vitamins and eat good protein, fruits and veggies than spending money on "comprehensive" supplements until they can show more data. Nelson

Viracept & Combivir with fruit?
LYMPHATIC SYSTEM AND EXERCISE