hiv+extremely overweight with joint problems

i am 46yrs. old weighe270lbs. and 6'1" tall.I have avascular necrosis[a.v.n.]have had one hip replacement three yrs. ago and wwill in the near future will need the other one replaced.I am on a four drud regimen of H.AR.T.medications.Where do I start? I feel terrible very short or breath and weak. I ride an exercise bike but it is not enoughe.Please help.

You say you feel out of breath and weak. Are you taking Zerit, Videx or Hivid? If so, have you got your lactate levels checked for lactic acidosis? Increased lactic acid caused by mitochondrial toxicity generated by nucleoside analogs can cause shortness of breath, fatigue, abdominal pain, and weight loss in some.

What is your height and weight? Have you gotten a BIA test done to find out your body composition?

Start by eliminating sweets from your diet (sodas, anything that contains corn syrup and fructose). Eat lots of vegetables and fruits and plenty of lean protein (meats, nuts, eggs, low fat cheese)

Having avascular necrosis is a very difficult thing, as you well know. You need to talk to a physical therapist that is experienced in hip replacements for him/her to tell you the best exercises.

Chocolate/sugar craving
Have you ever heard about it?