Chocolate/sugar craving

I just found out I am pos about 6 weeks ago. I was neg exactly one year earlier. My vl is high (344K) and tcells ok (500plus)I am in good health, other than mucous in excement which hiv doc thinks is unrelated. BTW, my liver count high (?) though no hep. I used to drink alot--like 18 years ago and nothing since 85. I work out, and past 15 years have eaten very well with plenty of fruits, veggies, hardly any soft drinks or fruit juices, no coffee past few years and occassionaly deserts. In fact, two years ago I cut out deserts and dropped to 145 lbs and 5'7".

For the past few weeks i have been craving and eating chocolate and other deserts. I cant atand the thought of eating fruits--other than bananas. I had giardia just before i got hiv diagnodos and was on penniciln and antiobitces for that and some ibcect bites that blew up. I have also been very thirsty for water--though not right after eating chocolate. My first thought was stress or depression--but i am not consciously feeling more stessed. I have a strong will to live--unlike when i was healthy :) and was finally puttinfg my life in order when ib got this shocking news (i ALWAYS used a condom exceot with oral).

I am planning on seeing an acupuncurist, therapist (again after many years of therapy and i am on antidepressents) and a nutrituinst. I run and exrecise about every day. Any suggestions regarding the cravings? Could it be physical and related to the virus? What about the thirst?

Also, why did you tell that other guy with the thin face to have liver checked?

THANKS!! Kevin

Kevin:

I need to ask you a few questions first. Are you on HAART? Have you got your blood sugar checked? What supplements are you taking, if any?

The reason I told the person with facial wasting to get his liver enzymes checked is because he was taking an oral anabolic steroid. It had nothing to do with his facial wasting. I am sorry if it was confusing. I hope I can help. nelson

jelking
hiv+extremely overweight with joint problems