extremly tired

i have ben hiv positve since 1995 i started takeing meds in 2000.i have been on one cocktail since then combiver and viramune.i am also taking neurontin twice a day an i also take zoloft in the morning for depression. i also take zrtek in the morning for my allergies i also tryed the therapy for my hepc and i becam anemic at that time so i had to quit the therapy.why do i feel tired all the time .i also have problems sleeping at night so i take trazadone to try to help me sleep do you have any suggestions and answers to why i am feelinf so tired and dont have any energy thanx

Fatigue can be caused by many factors. Among them are :infections, low thyroid and testosterone levels in the blood, poor sleep, medications that cause sleepiness, depression, etc Neurontin can cause tireness and sleepiness, so can Trazodone. Have your doctor check your hormone levels also. Some people may also feel fatigue when they take antidepressants like Zoloft or Prozac. Talk to your doctor about Wellbutrin or Celexa as alternatives. Exercise, even if it is mild like walking 20 minutes a day, can improve energy levels even in people who have extreme fatigue. Make sure that your hemoglobin is within normal ranges. Anemia, as you probably know well, can be zap your energy. AZT can decrease hemoglobin and red blood cells in some patients.Some patients may have to switch to another nucleoside like Ziagen or Viread if AZT is a problem.

Sleep disorders like sleep apnea can also cause tireness during the day. Sleep apnea is more common in overweight people. Your doctor can refer you to a sleep study to see if that is your problem. If you have sleep apnea, the use of a C-Pap machine may help you get the needed oxygen into your blood while you are sleeping and improve your energy levels. As you can tell, there could be many reasons why you are tired. Talk to your doctor about all these factors.

For more information about fatigue and HIV, visit http://www.thebody.com/treat/fatigue.html

Good luck in getting your energy level up! Let me know what happens! Fatigue and HIV

coinfection drug regime - herbal supplement interactions
Re: Hitting an NRTI Wall?