Growth hormone questions

Hey Nelson

John here, the one who keeps emailing you (thanks for responding to my questions). I have so many questions for you about anabolics, here's one:

I know many consider HGH to be powerfully anabolic, but doesn't your book site studies that prove it increases water retention, bone mass, and organ mass, but not actual muscle mass? if so, why bother taking HGH for any reason other than to combat lipodystrophy? Is it that when used with other anabolics, HGH can enhance effects of muscle growth? What's the scoop?

Growth hormone can indeed increase water retention and has shown very promising results in reducing visceral (abdominal fat) in lipodystrophy. It is very expensive ($1000 per mg ) and many insurance companies and ADAP systems do not pay for it. It is only approved for those who have lost 10 % of their normal body weight unintentionally. It is not approved yet for lipodystrophy.

It has been shown to increase lan body mass but there are questions about whether the increases are actually in skeletal muscle. I have seen patients at the Body Positive Wellness Clinic in Houston using it successfully at lower doses (under 3 mg/day) in combination with Deca Durabolin (nandrolone decanoate), testosterone or Oxandrin with enhanced results.

I think there is a very important place for growt hormone in the treatment of HIV related wasting and lipodystrophy but its costs, difficult access and some side effects may limit its usefulness.

I do hope that it gets approved for lipodystrophy (Serono applied for approval to the FDA already) since we need more options for this problem. However, more research is needed with lower doses and in combination with exercise and anabolic steroids to lower the total cost and side effects while maximizing its efficacy.

re: michael mooney
life meaning