Mar 3, 2002
hello, i'm f, 37 years old (17 poz) and since 3 years i have problems with my abdomen (intra-abdominal fat..) now, i heard about a treatment (study) with niacin (median dose 3000mg/day)--with good results!! can i try this with no risk? has niacin side-effects? do you know more about the niacin-study??
My doctor does not believe in any thing...the only right thing to do (for him) is: sport and a good diet...(but that's not enough for me...!!!)
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Niacin is well known to cause flushing, red face and sometimes diarrhea particularly at that dose. The study was not that impressive, but the niacin cannot do long term harm. If you want to try be aware of the red face issue and try to find the no flushing niacin! Good luck. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.