L-Glutamine and Diarrhea
Oct 9, 2000
I have read in several places that L-Glut is good for diarrhea. The first week should be about 40 grams per day in 4-5 divided doses. What is good for maintenance dose after that and what is your general experience with this?
Response from Dr. Fisher
I have had several patients respond quite well to glutamine. Maintenance dose seems to be 10-20 grams daily. You could actually titrate the dose to your own needs. The biggest problem has been reimbursement as most insurance companies in my experience treat this as a food supplement and won't pay for it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Interesting Facts About Chlamydia
- Can You Get Anything Sucking Someone's Cock Without A Condom?
- Can You Get Hiv At The Dentist?
- Could Autoimmune Disease Affect My Hiv Result
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.