L-Glutamine and Diarrhea

I have read in several places that L-Glut is good for diarrhea. The first week should be about 40 grams per day in 4-5 divided doses. What is good for maintenance dose after that and what is your general experience with this?

Response from Dr. Fisher

I have had several patients respond quite well to glutamine. Maintenance dose seems to be 10-20 grams daily. You could actually titrate the dose to your own needs. The biggest problem has been reimbursement as most insurance companies in my experience treat this as a food supplement and won't pay for it.

AF

Facial Wasting
Swollen cheek glands