Is diabetes and HIV connected.
Nov 20, 2000
After a routine visit to my GP I have now been told that I'm diabetic. What can I do?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
The first thing you should do is see a nutritionist and go on a diabetic diet. If you are overweight, you should lose weight and exercise. The drugs that seem to be best in HIV are metformin and rosiglitazone, both of which increase insulin sensitivity. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Difference Between Acute And Chronic Hepatitis
- Getting Rid Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- Lymph Node Biopsy And Hiv
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They First Start?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.