Finding Help

Dear Mr. Shernoff:

How do I find a good therapist? I am sure that is a $64K question. I feel I need a holistic approach from someone who understands eastern and western thinking. Mind, spirit, body etc. Do I just go to the phone book?.. I have asked friends and my Dr. but I am not happy with the referrals.

Thank you

RS

Response from Mr. Shernoff

You have chosen the right way to proceed which is by asking friends and respected health care professionals for referrals. That is always the best way to find a therapist. All I can suggest is that you do a lot of interviewing of the therapists on the phone so you can decide is it worth your time and money to even set up an appointment. I do not think that looking in the phone book would be useful.

Best of luck.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Not sure what to do....
stress and anxiety