stress and weight loss

Dear Michael, I really appreciate the time you take out of your busy day to answer our concerns. I would like to know can stress and anxiety make someone lose weight, about 10 lbs in about 2 months. Thank in advance

Response from Mr. Shernoff

If stress and anxiety are causing a person to not have an appetite and thus be eating less than he or she normally does, then yes, stress and anxiety can cause weight loss. But like with any other sudden change in your body, the best course of action is to visit your physician to have him or her evaluate what might be contributing to the weight loss.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Extremes in Behavior
Not sure what to do....