HIV+ 25 years?

First of all, it's great to hear that you are doing so well despite having HIV for so long. Does anyone know when HIV entered the US? I know that they go back as far as 1977 to tainted blood. But you had HIV as far back as 1975?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am sorry but this forum is only for mental health questions. Your question is epidemiological and I am not qualified to answer. Please resubmit it to one of the medical experts at the Body. Regarding me, in the mid 1970s in a quest to develop a vaccine for Hepatitis B both in New York and San Francisco large numbers of gay men gave blood to help determine the prevalence of the disease. The plasma was frozen. Once a test for HIV existed all the frozen samples were tested for HIV. This found that 18% of the men were infected by the mid 1970s. Michael Shernoff, MSW

emotional impact of positive diagnosis
Is it true?