I think I'm going crazy

Michael, I have taken 2 tests. One at 6 weeks and one at 17 weeks and both have come up negative. I am saddled with overwhelming fear that I may turn up positive. I've called all the major hotlines from GMHC to the CDC and I've been reassured that I have gotten thru a major hurdle and its for my peace of mind if I want to test again at 6 months. The problem is that I'm consumed by so much fear. I also freak out when I read posts hear about people testing positive at the 6 month period and I think that I am one of them. Am I going nuts??? What should I do??? Please, please help. Thanks.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

The only thing you can do to help yourself is to find a good therapist and begin to look at why you need this kind of anxiety in your life. I am willing to bet that it is symptomatic of other issues that you may not be dealing with.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Volunteer opportunities
What Should Family expect?