Follow up to I think I'm going crazy

Dear Michael, first of all I want to express my deepest thanks to you. I did have a very traumatic experience in my life which triggered the HIV-related anxiety. I had an extra-marital affair which I recently admitted to my partner. This then threw me into a panic with regards to possible STDs I may have opened myself up to. I did go through massive guilt and walked around in a severely depressed state. I've contacted my health care provider and have been referred to a highly recommended mental health counsellor. Also, I have taken this experience in my life as an opportunity to learn more about HIV and AIDS and the more that I have educated myself on it, the more I believe that I am truly uninfected and my irrational fears are more a manifestation of the trauma in my emotional life. Thank you for being in this forum, and thank goodness for all the medical and mental experts that share information here. Sincere regards from California.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am pleased to learn that this has turned out so well for you and that you sound like you are using this terrible fear and anxiety as an opportunity for growth and education.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Starting to Smile in CA
Depressed -- How can I move away?