Jan 27, 1998
can hiv cause anxiety even if you dont know if you are positive?
Response from Mr. Shernoff
HIV has the potential to cause a whole host of neuropsychiatric symptoms that does include anxiety. It is almost unheard of that aymptomatic individuals experience these neuropsychiatric complaints. Anxiety is a very common presenting problem for people begninng psychtherapy. If it is debilitating it needs to be treated by the appropriate professionals.
Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Putting A Finger In A Vagina Cause HIV Infection?
- Chest Pain, Fatigue, High Liver Enzymes Acute/primary Hiv
- Cut By Clippers At Barber Shop Hiv Risk
- Difference Between White Coating And Thrush
- How Can I Ease The Dizziness From Atripla?
- Risk Of Hiv From Insertive Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.