Jan 27, 1998
can hiv cause anxiety even if you dont know if you are positive?
| Response from Mr. Shernoff
HIV has the potential to cause a whole host of neuropsychiatric symptoms that does include anxiety. It is almost unheard of that aymptomatic individuals experience these neuropsychiatric complaints. Anxiety is a very common presenting problem for people begninng psychtherapy. If it is debilitating it needs to be treated by the appropriate professionals.
Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Does Herpes Do To Immune System?
- What Are The Side Effects For Men With Herpes?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- Percentage Of Teens With Herpes
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.