How long before an HIV test will definitely give accurate results?

I am worried that I could have HIV and would like to know how long is the window period for an hiv test in which it will show accurate results. My mother told em to wait at least six months but it has already been four months and I dont want to worry about it anymore I just want to get the test over with. please help me.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not the correct person to answer your question since this is a medical question the answer to which I do not honestly know. I urge you to reask your questin to our medical and prevention experts so that you can receive an accurate response.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

We all take life for granted...