Could I have AIDS?

I've been married for five years, and have one 3 year old child and one new baby due in July. My wife recently was tested by her OBGYN for HIV and the results were negative. I was relieved when her test came back negative. However, I was pretty permiscuous in College. I also had protected(with a condom) sex with a prostetute in 1991. I'm scared to death to get tested, but I know I should. Please tell me, considering my wife and child not having HIV, my odds of having it.Thanks.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

The only way you can know for certain whether or not you have HIV is to get a test. Your fears sound very excessive to me if you are telling the truth about not having had sex outside your marriage since 1991, and that was with a condom. But since you are saying that you are very frightened then by all means go for a test to calm yourself. My only caveat is that in my professional experience, people who are as worried as you are about having HIV, and do not really have a high risk factor sometimes do not believe the test results even if they test negtive. Michael Shernoff, MSW

When do symptoms begin? I am a wreck waiting..
I CANT GET OVER THIS