genital warts

I am 29 years old. When I was 21-22, I had warts on my fingers. Up until about a year or two ago, I had at least one wart on my right hand. Today, I have a wart on my penis(small and not real noticeable). Unless genital warts take years to develop, this wart is not from an STD. What should I do to get rid of it. I am embarrassed to go see a doctor about this. Also, are genital warts a symptom of HIV? Thank You!

Response from Mr. Shernoff

You are asking a medical question. I am not a doctor and therefore wil lnot respond to your question. Please resubmit it to to The Body's medical expert and I am sure you will get a helpful answer. Michael Shernoff, MSW

can you help me
What are the odds?