Web Site for Empowerment and Positive Living

Greetings:

As a PLWA that has been out of the HIV/AIDS circut for a while, I have found that a number of my positive friends continue to ask me to get back involved and direct may expertise and talents towards social services for PLWA's. In contemplating this, I would like to consider providing a service that would allow PLWA's to access relevant motivational services via the internet. I have not found anything of this type on the net as of yet, but I do not want to duplicate services. I would love to have input from anyone out there. I am interested in providing experts online, as well as conferences on positive living and empowerment via the net. All of this would be real time. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Phil

txny1@airmail.net

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Phil,

I believe that a variety of web sites in fact do just what you are thinking of doing including The Body, HIVpositive.com, AEGIS and a site for people on protease inhibitors that I do not know the URL of. Perhaps you can offer your time and expertise to one of the exisiting web sites.

Good luck

Michael Shernoff, MSW

scared to be alone
group therapy