Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Heterosexual, HIV+, & looking for straight support.
Sep 30, 1997

Not really a question, more of a statement. 12 years I've been living with this disease. In the beginning we were told to eat well and pray, and there was no reason we couldn't have 2 or 3 years of quality life. Little was known, and that information was hard to come by. We've reached a point now where the available info. is almost overwhelming, and a determination of 'how long' is no longer practical. Good news unless like myself the strain of isolation within the 'straight' community is no longer acceptable. I was for several years an active member of Positive Friends For Life, which helped scratch the itch but became an unreasonable commute. I've spent countless hours trying to find online social connections, with no luck. So with the support of others we developed an interactive site to this end. If you can relate, drop by, we'd be happy to see ya.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I think there are many other heterosexual individuals who are living with HIV and AIDS who would also welcome the opportunity to chat online with others who are in the same boat. You neglected to give the URL of the interactive site you and your friends developed. Please write back and tell everybody how to connect to your site so that any other heterosexual individual with HIV or AIDS could connect.

Previous
American Dream...So what's my problem?
Next
Getting on with life

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.