The need for some positive recovery cases...

I would like a few good case examples of HIV+ people, whom through treatment have made positive progress. Any positive support groups, sites would also be greatly appreciated. The more you have the better!!

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Your question is very vague and therefore I am not able to help you. By treatment, do you mean people who as a result of taking anti-retroviral therapy have had their health improve? If this is your question I'd suggest you resubmit it to the Body's medical expert.

I can tell you that as a long term nonprogressor who has been infected with HIV for over 20 years, though I have literally never had one day of HIV related illness in my life, prior to beginning triple combination therapy my viral loads were about a million. They have now been undetectable for over three years.

How can I offer you a list of positive support groups if I do not know where you live? To obtain these, call the local AIDS service organization closest to where you live and ask about support groups for people living with HIV.

If you log on to the Body's home page you can get to online chat's for HIV positive people. Other sites are www.AEGIS.com, www.HIVPositive.com, and The Critical Path Project www.critpath.org

I hope these help lead you in the direction of getting the information you are looking for. Good luck. Michael Shernoff, MSW

I can't explain my depression
Major depression and i cant snap out of it!