The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The need for some positive recovery cases...

Feb 18, 1999

I would like a few good case examples of HIV+ people, whom through treatment have made positive progress. Any positive support groups, sites would also be greatly appreciated. The more you have the better!!

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Your question is very vague and therefore I am not able to help you. By treatment, do you mean people who as a result of taking anti-retroviral therapy have had their health improve? If this is your question I'd suggest you resubmit it to the Body's medical expert.

I can tell you that as a long term nonprogressor who has been infected with HIV for over 20 years, though I have literally never had one day of HIV related illness in my life, prior to beginning triple combination therapy my viral loads were about a million. They have now been undetectable for over three years.

How can I offer you a list of positive support groups if I do not know where you live? To obtain these, call the local AIDS service organization closest to where you live and ask about support groups for people living with HIV.

If you log on to the Body's home page you can get to online chat's for HIV positive people. Other sites are,, and The Critical Path Project

I hope these help lead you in the direction of getting the information you are looking for. Good luck. Michael Shernoff, MSW

I can't explain my depression
Major depression and i cant snap out of it!

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint