Mental effects 2

I read your response to this question. Being HIV+ I agree with what you have said. For myself, having a happy go lucky personality, I quickly got used to the idea of being hiv and went on with my life.

What I did not expect, nor did any of the doctors at the time was lipodystropy. This side effect has really crushed my spirit, and much of the joy I always had in life. Has caused depression and resulting fatigue.I know I need to talk to someone, I have and am on anti depressants for the first time in my life. However, what really hurts is knowing that I will probably never look like I used to again, and will visably look strange to the people I know, and even to strangers.

I didn't mean for this to sound so depressing, but after rereading it, it does. Just wanted to add another point of view.

Thanks

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am glad that you added your experieince to what I told the person who wrote. I am really sorry to hear that you are having those problems with the lipodystrophy. They have been a real down side of people obtaining undetectable viral loads.

Michael Shenroff, MSW

I'm so relieved...
Moving back again