Lost Daughter

My mother is 39 years old and I am the oldest of her 2 daughters, her youngest is 10... In february my mother found out that she was HIV+. On 07/01 she went 2 see a neww doctor at a different hospitial because the hospitial that diagnosed her was not seeing or treating her . on 07/05/01 she got a call telling her she had cervical cancer,full blown Aids and Herpes... The day after she had left to take a walk and never came back. I filed a police report but I think she is a danger to herself. What can I do to help her and how can I help my sister she dosent know?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

This obviously has to be very stressful and painful to you. I don't think there is alot you can do besides what you have already done. The only thing I can think of is to try going to the local televsion networks and newspapers and ask them if they can do a story on your mother's disappearance and tell them that you are afraid for her, and that you'd like to broadcast an appeal for her to return to her family as you love her, care about her and want to take care of her and support her. This might appeal to the network producers as a human interest story. Obviously prior to doing this you need to speak to your sister and tell her the complete truth about what is going on. Additionally to help the both of you deal with all the feelings you are having about your mother's disappearance, you want want to consult a mental health professional as a family.

I hope that she returns to you unharmed. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Antidepressants seem less potent
Mental Block