Loss of best friend

Michael thanks for your great work on this site.April 2000 tested not only pos but given aids diagnosis,I'd tested neg every year prior and Sept 2000 diagnosised with an Advance Non-Hodkins Lymphoma and started chemotherapy,completed that in Jan 2001,then at the end of Feb started getting sick again,started back on chemo.My best friend since my diagnosis has only called me a hand full of times and has never off to do anything for me,not even visit me.Another friend of mine has told me that my friends keeps telling people that i'm doing fine but the chemo has made my WBC low so i can't see anyone.I spoke to him and told him i was hurt by this and that i would call him unless he called me.That he needed to make first move,well he hasn't called me since.I feel angery at him and it saddens me to say but i've even wished this disease on him,so he know what it feels like to have this.I feel ashamed that i've felt this way .I feel totally betrayed by him and i don't think i'll ever forgive him for abandoning me.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Why should you forgive him when he has been acting like such a total creep? How else can you feel other than betrayed, angry and hurt, especially since he has been lying about you and what you need in terms of support to friends? I would tell all of your mutual friends what he has been saying about you and then write him out of your life. It is terrible that at this point in your life you have to deal with this crap as well as your illnesses. I am really sorry to hear that you are going through this. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Need Help
New partner is avoiding intimacy