dont know if Im sane or insane anymore

I have been with my husband for 4 yrs. We have a 12 mo old and expecting again. Of course for both of us, their were others before we met. I know that my husband is HIV neg, he is in the military and gets tested every year. I have never been tested, but I have been driving my self crazy. Our baby has been a very healthy baby until we had his 1 yr check up. They gave him 3 immunizations and within 4 days he had a lymph swelling in his groin. I took him to the dr and of course the first thing he said was HIV possibilty. He has not been sick before and is doing fine now, except for this lump. I have been checking every day at least, 10 times to see if it's going down. I have been letting him sleep with me and crying myself to sleep over the possibilty of me giving this to him. I haven't gotten up the courage to get the test done, because I am so afraid of the results. My sister and my husband think I am losing my mind, how does one get over this, so that they can get tested. I haven't seem to find the way and it's been 4wks.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

If your husband is negative and if you have not had sex with anyone else, not had any blood transfusions and never shared intravenous drug using paraphernalia, then there is no reason to think you might be positive. I would suggest getting some counseling from a skilled mental health professional. Additionally, if the doctor is suspecting that your baby might have HIV, has the baby been tested? THis would seem like a logical first step in insure that he or she gets the very best diagnosis and treatment for what ever is ailing him or her.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

anxiety disorder caused by hiv fear?
Reproductive Possibilities