Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

AM I OK?????????????????????????

QUICK ONE, DOC!

1) From Europe. Policy on testing is if negative, no follow-up needed. I was tested following a (possible) exposure, and was negative. Is that enough??????

2) Do i need a follow-up?

3) Why can i not believe the results? The nurse warned me about this, she didn't want me to take the test but i insisted. She said it would only make my anxiety worse.

4) I recently returned to the hospital to be tested for vaginal warts. i saw a different doctor who told me that one test cannot possibly be accurate and i must be tested again without further delay. I don't want to be!!! The first time was bad enough!!!! Also, she said I had signed something to say I did not want a follow-up. I did...but i was told by the original nurse that i should sign that agreement. What is the doctor trying to do to me? Was the test (antibody, I presume), indeterminate...?????If so, why was i not told by the nurse, who congratulated me on being "clean"?

5) Is it poss for someone to be tested negative but still harbour the virus and pass it on????????

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not a doctor and therefore am not the correct person to respond to your question. This is a forum only for questions related to mental health and HIV. Michael Shernoff, MSW

My Story comment
THE AMERICAN DREAM