manic-depressive, fears .

dear, sir i'm manic drepressive , i had a one time bad sexual encounter, unprotected. i was tested about two and half months after the time i had sex, and it came back negtive. but my doctor wants to test again in 6 months, now i'm very frighten , mostest at night before bed, i'm thinking that maybe early treatment , should be part of the matter . but my doctor seems pretty triedof calling all the time. what do i do about early treatment , and sleep...

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not a doctor so I will not give you any medical advice other than to say that if you do not have an HIV positive test result then there is absolutely no reason to have any treatment for HIV. Now on the other hand you certainly are obsessing about POSSIBLY being infected. Are you on medication for your manic depression? If so, then I suggest you speak with your psychiatrist about this matter and discuss with him or her whether it might be a good idea to address your obsession through tinkering with your medications. If you are not being medicated right now, then I urge you to ask your doctor for a referral to a good psychiatrist who you can talk about this with. Beginning psychotherapy as well as the appropriate medication can do alot to help reduce both your manic symptoms as well as the obsessive ones. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Gay counselor bias
Section 12 ?