Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Unhappiness brought on myself??
Oct 8, 1999

I'v been + for about eight years. All my so-called relationships were all sour. When I least excpected it I met this great guy. When I'm with him it's wonderfull and I feel happy. When I'm not i worry if I'm ever going to hear from him, why doesn't he call to just say hi, is he looking for some one better. Before I was + i never worried. I do need to say though, he is the first guy I fully trust (cheating wise) that I feal inside for the first time I do not worry about. He is a very busy with work, he travels a lot, when he's not working he's with me. Whats wrong with me? Why am I not relaxed?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

There are no simple explanations to what you are asking. It sounds like this man is someone you seem to have grown to care about more than the other people you have dated. It is possible that the fact that you care about him so much combined with the fact of being HIV+ has made this very important to you and contributes to the amount of worry and anxiety. Additionally it is very important to realize that trust takes time to grow and be built. Perhaps there is nothing wrong with you, and your feelings are normal and understandable. Hang in there and see what happens as the relationship progresses. Good luck. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
Love at what price ?
Next
question about guilt

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.