Any contraindications for Adderall if HIV-positive?

I've recently been diagnosed with ADD. I've had the symptoms for long before becoming HIV+. I've been presribed Adderall, and it really seems to help (30 mg/day). It's definitely improved by quality of life and ability to manage things properly.

I'm not on any anti-virals right now, I seem to be controling things pretty well with supplements, herbs, whey protein, etc. (VL around 20,000 / CD4+ count up and down between 350 and 550).

But I've become concerned about the use of Adderall since I've read that: - Amphetemines can significantly increase cortisol (I'm taking cortisol reducing supplements like phosphadatyl serine to help with this) - Cortisol is known to often be too high in the HIV+ - Some people theorize that the cortisol excess triggered by HIV is a major part of the disease pathogenesis.

Do I have any reason to be worried, or are there any symptoms I should watch out for that might be early warning signs of an excess cortisol level?

Thanks! ...Steven

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Dear Steven

I am not a physician therefore am not qualified to answer your question. Please resubmit it to The Body's medical expert. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Thank You
reaching for maximum levels