Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Attitude
Nov 15, 1999

Attitude The longer I live the more I realize the impact of attitude on life . Attitude is more important to me than a fact , it is more important than the past , than education , than money , than circumstances , than failures , than successes , than what other people think , do or say .It is more important than an appearance , giftedness or skill . It will make or break a company , an individual , a church or a home .The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for the day . We can not change the past . We can not change that some people will act in a certain way , We can not change the inevitable .The only thing we can do is play on the string we do have and that is out attitude . I am convinced life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it . And so is with you . We are in charge of our attitude .Dr. Shernoff I am HIV positive for three years and in recovery from substances for two . Someone gave me this paper today and called it "attitude adjustment hour . I wanted to share it with other people who are HIV positive and struggling to keep on the right track . Love , Donna

Response from Mr. Shernoff

You are very correct when you say that attitude is important. It often is the deciding factor why two people with the exact same illness respond differently with one living and the other dying. Thank you for sharing. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
the affects of protease inhibitors on mental health
Next
Friend Wants to Kill Himself Over Low Risk

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.