Thank you doctor

Hi Dr.- I wrote to you last june, I was the horror tale guy. You urged me to go to psycotherapy to help me relieve my severe anxiety and depression. Part of the problem was I kept reading ridiculous false negative stories that increased my problems to the extreme.I went for professional help, and the combo of zoloft and cognitive therapy changed my life back to normal.This suggestion of yours really worked!!!! I sure hope the rest of these people who have HIV related anxiety do the same thing and they will learn exactly how irrational their fears are.It's a common thing for people who are depressed to go on the net or read books and spend countless hours diagnosing themselves with deadly diseases. Then they get mad at the doctors for telling them theres nothing physically wrong and maybe you should see a psychiatrist.Just to help people understand what I'm saying- these stories go something like this-" I tested 25 times over 6 years and they were all negative, then on my 26th test I tested positive. I had no exposures since then, hell I never even had sex, I think someone with AIDS breathed on me yeah that was it!!!!!! Thats exactly how much sense most of these stories make. I again want to thank you Dr. for helping me change my life and hope the rest of you with the same thing I had do the same.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

You're very welcome. Thank you very much for sharing your positive outcome. I am glad that you are feeling better. ALl the best for a good year. Michael Shernoff, MSW

Adjusting to disability
I think I need help