My Anxiety Is Going Away By Itself

Hi Mr Shernoff, For the last six months I have felt anxious (to varying degrees) about contracting HIV, despite no obvious routes of transmission. And I have read many of the posts here with great interest, genuinely surprised that my affliction is not uncommon. As time goes by, however, I find that my anxiety is slowly going away by itself. It's as though I have read *everything* on the Net, slowly digested it and now am starting to realise I have basically been a bit of an idiot for the last six months. Let me stress that I'm not "over" the anxiety alltogether, but it's definitely on the way out. Is this normal? Some books say that anxiety can naturally disappear on its own, however a lot of your answers to people on this forum urge them to seek professional help, or their life will simply get worse. This confuses me. Either I had a very mild form of anxiety (but it seemed pretty bad at times!), or perhaps I just have a strong character and have managed to find my own unique solution? What are your thoughts?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Anything is possible, but my professional experience has been that untreated anxieties of the form related to fears re HIV without real reasons to fear having been infected only worsen without professional intervention. Michael Shernoff, MSW

agressive paranioa
Adjusting to disability