advice for people in the window period

hello, i was wondering if you had any advice for people like me who are currently sitting-out the six-month window period before an HIV test.

while it's true that i think about the test on a pretty regular basis (like, hourly), i am still basically happy 95% of the time, go out with my friends, go to work, etc... but perhaps 5% of the time, i get a bit down, thinking about the test and what a positive result could mean.

ultimately, the test is based on a low risk/no risk scenario, so i am not even "scared" per se, just anxious to get it over with & sometimes start thinking "what if" scenarios (like "OK, i probably don't have HIV, but what if i did?!?), which can sometimes be scarier than reality.

i'm sure all of this is normal - an HIV test is a big deal - but are there any things i can do (deep breathing excercises, for example?!?) for when i do start to feel anxious and worried?

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Your anxiety is absolutely normal in this situation and all you can do is continue to live your life and feel the feelings. From what you say they are not incapacitating or even severe, so no there are not specific suggestions I can make. Sorry.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Memory and Concentration
im scared to stop being scared?