Specific Treatment Issues for HIV+ Women & Mental Health

I am a graduate student with a concentration in mental health counseling and I would like to know of primary and secondary sources for doing a thesis on Treatment Issues for HIV+ Women - Anxiety, Depression and Mental Health.

Response from Mr. Shernoff

I am not tremendously familiar with the literature in this area. The following should provide you with a good variety of places to begin your search.

D. Aronstein and Bruce Thompson, (eds) HIV and Social WOrk: A Practitioner's Guide, 1998.

C. Campbell, Women, Families and HIV Care; A Sociological Approach, 1999.

J. Dilley and R Markds (eds) The UCSF AIDS Health Project Guide to Counseling Perspectives on Psychotherapy, Prevention and Therapeutic Practice, 1998.

A. Kurth (ed) Until the Cure: Caring for Women With HIV, 1993

W. Odets and M Shernoff (eds) The Second Decade of AIDS: A Mental Health Practice Handbook, 1995

M. Shernoff (ed) AIDS and Mental Health Practice: Clinical and Policy Issues, 1999

Hope this is a helpful beginning.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

progression from HIV to AIDS
Am I treating him the right way?