How can stress affect you during the window period?

Here I am, I thought I was the only one that made themselves sick with worry. I stumbled across this site and feel a little relieved.

4 weeks ago someone accidentally got some semen in my eye. Not much, as my eyes were closed at the time. His status was unknown at the time.

2 weeks ago, I got a dull headache (which I still have from time to time), painful armpits, and then got a stuffy nose and what I figured was a cold. This, coupled with some sort of tooth/gum ache set the panic buttons off.

I was given a PCR test for HIV genetic traces(?) one week ago, but they told me that it would only detect exposure 8 weeks ago. It came back negative.

So for one week, I've been convinced that it HAD to be HIV seroconversion illness that I've been going through. Every ache and pain confirmed this. Not sleeping, getting up and pacing the floor. Feeling like I'm going to cry (but couldn't) Now I'm getting pains in other areas where there may or may not be lymph nodes. Neck, groin, upper chest. And still with the darn headache.

His test came back yesterday (or so he claims) and was negative (as of 8 weeks ago) . I slept fitfully last night only thanks to a Valium, but I still feel the aches and pains under my arms/groin area. There HAS to be something wrong.

My question, after all this... is "what effects can stress of this level have on the body? Is it possible to create aches and pains just from stressing/anxiety?"

Response from Mr. Shernoff

The human body is a complex and amazing organism, People have been known to produce a variety of real symptoms that have no basis in anything physiologically being the matter. SO the answer is a definite "yes" that the body can produce symptoms as a direct result of stress. Michael Shernoff, MSW

What's happening..?
to all you worried well - stop worrying