Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Books for HIV/AIDs patients
Mar 1, 2000

Dear Dr Michael Shernoff,

Question :

Can you recommended books that can help AIDS patients to live and die peacefully and calmly, i.e. books that explain the psychology of AIDS patients towards death and how they cope to live with AIDS.

I am a free thinker and so I am less inclined to the religious ways. I am more toward the medical, scientific, mental and psychological way toward how to live with AIDS.

Thank you very much for your help.

Alan

Response from Mr. Shernoff

Though there are still people who are dying from AIDS, the vast majority of people in the United States are now faced with the challenge of learning how to live with a chronic, potentially life threatening illness. I am sure that the kinds of books you ask about exist, only I am not really aware of them. Sorry. Why not do a search on the internet of available books on the subject and see what you come up with.

Michael Shernoff, MSW

Previous
basic emotions
Next
What's happening..?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.