What Can Counsellors Do?
Mar 14, 2000
Hi Michael, Often you will recommend people get counselling for their fear of HIV. I might fall into this category--although my fear isn't as extreme as some people I see here--but I am confused by what a counsellor (or similar) could do for me. In short, what does a counsellor talk about (or make you do), when you visit one? Thank you :)
Response from Mr. Shernoff
He or she gets you to look at your life in ways that are often difficult or impossible for you to do on your own. He or she becomes a partner in your mental and emotional health care.
Michael Shernoff, MSW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.